Focus Area 3
Thompson School District will invest in teachers, leaders and support staff to ensure we create the most impactful learning conditions that enable students to reach their full potential. Thompson School District will be a “destination of choice” for individuals who are seeking a rewarding profession that empowers and inspires them to become difference-makers.
Thompson School District will maintain an annual staff retention rate of 85% or greater.
Indicators of Success
- Recruitment and retention of high-quality staff
- Continuous improvement and growth mindset
- Satisfactory culture and climate surveys
What We Will Use to Measure Our Progress
- Shortage of qualified applicants
- Changing workforce needs
- Lack of professional development opportunities that address the individual needs of employees
- Monitor personnel turnover rates
- Improve and enhance continuous improvement opportunities for employees and develop effective onboarding practices
- Monitor and evaluate the culture and climate of the district
- 3.1 Develop staff in all job classifications through enhanced opportunities.
- 3.2 All staff are provided opportunities for mentoring, coaching and onboarding.
- 3.3 Utilize culturally responsive recruitment, hiring, and retention practices.
- 3.4 Investigate areas in compensation and benefits so that Thompson School District is competitive.
Explore and implement recruit and retain strategies for the 2023-24 hiring season.