Business Partnership Opportunities
Current Event Opportunities:
- February 1, 2023. 8th Grade Future Pathways Expo. Thompson Career Campus, Loveland
- Host an interactive booth to share your business and the career paths in your industry with over 1,200 TSD 8th grade students.
- Learn more and register
- February 28 & 29, 2024. Mock Interviews for Thompson Career Campus students in Loveland.
- Conduct 15 minute mock interviews and participate in a panel discussion for students in the TCC pathways: Health Science, Design & Manufacturing, Construction Skilled Trades, and Information Technology & Cybersecurity
- Learn more and register
Learn about the full menu of opportunities where YOU can be an active partner in a TSD student's career education.
Contact: Susan Scott, TSD Business Community Coordinator. firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.541.1232
Make the biggest IMPACT on the MOST STUDENTS & EDUCATORS with XELLO
Connect with tomorrow's talent, today - in Thompson and regionwide!
Thompson School District is a proud member of the NoCo Inspire K12 Work-Based Learning Collaborative which is made up of school districts in our area that share the XELLO WBL Network and work together to connect with businesses for the mutual benefit of industry and education. Our Xello WBL software platform allows YOU to reach over 13,000 high school students and educators in Larimer and Weld counties by posting opportunities like:
- Part-time / summer jobs for current students and full-time employment after graduation
- Internships and Apprenticeships
- Job Shadows, Informational Interviews, and Career Tours
- Guest speaking, mentorship
- Volunteer opportunities
The Collaborative is made up of 6 school districts in NoCo (as well as a regional business liaison):
- Thompson School District
- Poudre School District
- Estes Park School District
- Weld RE-5 (Johnstown/Milliken)
- Weld RE-4 (Windsor/Severance)
- Colorado Early Colleges Ft. Collins High School
Connect and get started!
Contact Susan Scott, TSD Business Community Coordinator at email@example.com or 970-541-1232 or click the link below to learn more.
Benefits of Work-Based Learning for Business & Community Partners
Access the youth workforce pipeline
- Diversify your talent pool
- Provide professional development opportunities for employees to serve as mentors
- Increase brand recognition
- Support our local community and workforce development
- Connect with over 13,000 high school students and educators in NoCo!
Connect through a CTE Advisory Council
Twice a year for each of our Career & Technical Education (CTE) Programs, we meet with business partners to gain insight into the current trends in industry including the skills, certifications, tools, and knowledge students need to be successful in a career.
Advisory Councils are held in fall and spring.
Contact: Andy Stevens, TSD CTE Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
T3 - Thompson Tomorrow's Today: Career Readiness in grades K-8
This program is funded through a generous grant from OtterCares and focuses on building an entrepreneurial mindset and career and college readiness in our Kindergarten through 8th grade students with the goals of bringing together education and industry in order to:
- Increase self-awareness for students in relation to the world of work
- Provide relevant real-world experiences for students provided by industry partners
- Develop in-demand essential skills valuable to students and business partners