About the TREP Program
The Teacher Recruitment Education and Preparation (TREP) program, established by the CDE, is designed to empower high school students with a passion for education to pursue their dreams while mitigating financial barriers. TREP offers a unique opportunity for qualified students to concurrently enroll in postsecondary courses and earn college credit without incurring tuition costs. Thompson currently works with Front Range Community College and Aims Community College.
- Eligibility: Students who have completed at least one course in the Educator Pathway during their 12th-grade year may be eligible to participate in the TREP program
- Is college ready and not in need of basic skills coursework in the selected pathway in which he/she enrolls.
- Completes an Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) prior to declaring intent to participate in TREP.
- Applies to and is accepted into a postsecondary degree program at a qualified Colorado institution of higher education.
- Has been selected for participation by his/her high school principal or equivalent school administrator.
- Are required to authorize the use of your College Opportunity Fund (COF) to help pay for your college course costs at a college/university that receives COF funding. Please note that college-level credits earned through TREP will be deducted from the student's COF lifetime credits account maximum.
- Complete application process during senior year.
- Participants must meet all graduation requirements for the Thompson School District.
Tuition Coverage: The Thompson School District covers tuition costs for qualified students participating in the TREP program.
Additional Costs Covered: Textbooks and fees associated with the program are also covered by the Thompson School District.
2 years of FREE college: This is a 2 year program that students are able to get there college paid for!
How to Apply
If your child is interested in pursuing a career in education and meets the eligibility criteria, we encourage you to explore the TREP program. The application process is simple and straightforward.
For further assistance or inquiries regarding the TREP program, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at:
Tyler Schlagel ASCENT/TREP Administrator