Business Partnership Opportunities in WBL
- Business Community Connector - Winter 2023/2024 Newsletter. Learn all about the opportunities below plus updates about how TSD students are engaging in work-based learning and career exploration.
- February 27, 2024. Ready, Set, Go! Work-Based Learning Fair for TSD high school students and parents.
- Host an "Opportunity Booth" to share your opportunities with students and parents. Recruit for: internships, apprenticeships, part-time/summer job openings, career opportunities for graduating seniors, volunteer opportunities, job shadows, and more!
- Learn more and register
- February 28 & 29, 2024. Mock Interviews for Thompson Career Campus students in Loveland.
- Conduct 15 minute mock interviews and participate in a panel discussion for students in the TCC pathways: Health Science, Design & Manufacturing, and Construction Skilled Trades.
- Learn more and register
Learn about the full menu of opportunities where YOU can be an active partner in a TSD student's career education.
Contact: Susan Scott, TSD Business Community Coordinator. email@example.com or 970.541.1232
Join our XELLO Work-Based Learning Network and make the biggest IMPACT on the MOST STUDENTS & EDUCATORS
Connect with tomorrow's talent, today - in Thompson and regionwide!
Thompson School District is a proud member of the NoCo Inspire K12 Work-Based Learning Collaborative which is made up of school districts in our area that share the XELLO WBL Network and work together to connect with businesses for the mutual benefit of industry and education. Our Xello WBL software platform allows YOU to reach over 19,000 high school students and educators in Larimer and Weld counties by posting opportunities like:
- Part-time / summer jobs for current students and full-time employment after graduation
- Internships and Apprenticeships
- Job Shadows, Informational Interviews, and Career Tours
- Guest speaking, mentorship
- Volunteer opportunities
The Collaborative is made up of 6 school districts in NoCo (as well as a regional business liaison):
- Thompson School District
- Poudre School District
- Estes Park School District
- Weld RE-5 (Johnstown/Milliken)
- Weld RE-4 (Windsor/Severance)
- Colorado Early Colleges Ft. Collins High School
Connect and get started!
Contact Susan Scott, TSD Business Community Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-541-1232 or click the link below to learn more.
Benefits of Work-Based Learning for Business & Community Partners
Access the youth workforce pipeline
- Diversify your talent pool
- Provide professional development opportunities for employees to serve as mentors
- Increase brand recognition
- Support our local community and workforce development
- Connect with over 13,000 high school students and educators in NoCo!
T3 - Thompson Tomorrow's Today: K-8 Career Readiness
This program is funded through a generous grant from OtterCares and focuses on building an entrepreneurial mindset and career and college readiness in our Kindergarten through 8th grade students with the goals of bringing together education and industry in order to:
- Increase self-awareness for students in relation to the world of work
- Provide relevant real-world experiences for students provided by industry partners
- Develop in-demand essential skills valuable to students and business partners