27th Annual District Spelling Bee
January 27, 2024
800 S. Taft Ave, Loveland
9 am - 2 pm
Please contact your school's Spelling Bee Sponsor if you are interested in participating in the 2024 Spelling Bee.
Questions? Contact MaryPat Hayden-Davis
- 2023-2024 Study Lists will be provided to participating schools on November 1, 2023.
- The Thompson School District Competition List pulls words from the Scripps Howard Pronunciation Guide, which is not public to spellers. The district list may include words from the official 2023-2024 study lists, Words of Champions List, Great Words, Great Works Book List, as well as the Meriam- Webster Dictionary.
Spelling Bees: It's more than memorizing letters
Our purpose is to help students improve their spelling, increase their vocabulary, learn concepts and develop correct English usage that will help them all their lives.
The Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee
Every year, one speller is crowned champion. How well do you know their winning words?
2023 National Spelling Bee Winner: Dev ShahPsammophile
Winning Word: Psammophile
WORD CLUB: DIRECT ACCESS TO MATERIALS FOR SPELLERS
Through Word Club, the Bee now gives your parents and students FREE access to spelling and vocabulary materials for your classroom and school spelling bees.
Parents will discover exclusive spelling and vocabulary content, including:
- Your school bee details (the "School Bee Information Form" must first be completed)
- School spelling bee study lists for your classroom and school bees
- Suggested Rules for Local Spelling Bees
- White Board Words, with language learning and insights from official Bee pronouncer and former champion Dr. Jacques Bailly
- More fun content to help your child prepare for the spelling bee
Parents can visit spellingbee.com and click on Word Club.
The Teacher’s BEEhive is a biweekly email newsletter where you can find words of the week from national finals pronouncer Dr. Bailly, plus ideas and tips to help your students improve their spelling, increase their vocabularies, and learn concepts. To receive emails and this free newsletter from the Scripps National Spelling Bee, click here.