ADA, Thompson School District Goals
The Board of Education believes that an effective organization provides a framework through which the district’s mission can be achieved. Through Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS), the Thompson School District Strategic Plan and the Thompson School District Portrait of a Graduate will be utilized to measure progress toward accomplishing the district’s mission.
TSD Strategic Plan Focus Areas
- Academic Achievement
- Thompson School District is dedicated to preparing each and every student for life beyond the walls of our schools. TSD staff focus on educating “the whole child”, helping to ensure that students are able to demonstrate their learning in meaningful ways and move forward in life as healthy and strong individuals.
- Inclusive and Supportive Culture
- Thompson School District believes in school and administrative campuses that foster a welcoming environment, a feeling of hope, a sense of belonging and a safe environment where students, families, staff and community members will feel supported and comfortable in their growth.
- Human Talent
- Thompson School District will invest in teachers, leaders and support staff to ensure we create the most impactful learning conditions that enable students to reach their full potential. TSD will be a “destination of choice” for individuals who are seeking a rewarding profession that empowers and inspires them to become difference-makers.
- Stewardship of Resources
- As a public taxpayer-funded organization, Thompson School District will continue to be an accountable entity that is fiscally responsible, efficient in its use of resources and transparent in its continued partnership with the community.
Portrait of a TSD Graduate Competencies
- Critical Thinker
- Engages in problem-solving, inquiry and design of innovative solutions to overcome obstacles and improve outcomes
- Demonstrates divergent and ingenious thought to enhance the design-build process
- Evaluates and analyzes ideas and information sources for validity, relevance and impact
- Works effectively with others to achieve group goals
- Takes actions that respect the needs and contributions of others
- Positively facilitates and contributes to teamwork
- Incorporates effective reading, writing, listening and speaking skills for various purposes
- Adapts communication style to audience
- Uses technological skills and digital tools to explore and exchange ideas
- Contributes talents towards solutions that benefit the broader community through service
- Shows empathy, compassion and respect for others
- Demonstrates civic responsibility
- Seeks career pathways and opportunities
- Uses time and financial resources to set goals, complete tasks and manage projects
- Engages in reflection for individual improvement and advocacy
Adopted March 20, 2022
Revised May 18, 2022