GDD, Classified and Non-Licensed Administrative/Professional/Technical Staff Vacations and Holidays
Regular 12-month (260 day) employees shall be entitled to the following annual vacation:
- 1st through 4th year of employment,80 hours/year
- 5th through 12th year of employment,120 hours/year
- 13th and each succeeding year of employment,160 hours/year
Vacation shall accrue from the first day of employment as follows:
- 1st through 4th year of employment,6.67 hours/month
- 5th through 12th year of employment,10.00 hours/month
- 13th and each succeeding year of employment,13.33 hours/month
Earned vacation time shall begin July 1 of each year and end the following June 30.
Vacations shall be scheduled at the convenience of the district and as nearly as possible at the convenience of the employee. Employees shall be encouraged to take vacation during the months of June, July and August. Vacation time earned during an accrual cycle may be carried over and used during the period between July 1 and June 30.
All employees who resign or whose employment is terminated shall receive the paid vacation to which they are entitled as soon as possible.
New employees whose term of service is less than one full year shall be entitled to paid vacation in the ratio that their length of service bears to a full year.
12-month (260 days) employees shall be paid for 12 holidays per year as approved by the Board.
The following days are considered paid holidays for regular 12-month classified staff:
- Independence Day (1 day)
- Labor Day (1 day)
- Thanksgiving vacation (3 days)
- Winter Break/New Year (4 days)
- Martin Luther King (1 day)
- Presidents’ Day (1 day)
- Memorial Day (1 day)
Classified employees working less than 12 months will be eligible for a maximum of two paid holidays per year as approved by the Board. The two paid holidays will be Thanksgiving break (one day) and winter intermission break (one day).
- Adopted prior to 1985
- Revised September 4, 1991
- Revised September 4, 1996
- Revised November 15, 1999
- Revised February 20, 2008
- Revised January 6, 2010
- Revised March 4, 2011
- Revised and recoded June 20, 2012
- Revised June 16, 2021
- Revised May 4, 2022