Technology Advisory and Leadership Committee
What is T.A.L.C.?
The Technology Advisory and Leadership Committee consists of teachers, principals, ITS staff, students and leadership from across the district. The purpose of this committee is for stakeholders across the district to get together to collaborate, discuss and make decisions about technology in the Thompson School District.
What types of decisions has T.A.L.C. influenced?
The recent decision to standardize the types of devices at each grade level. (iPads for grades K-1, Touchscreen for grades 2-5, and non-touchscreen for grades 6-12.)
- Which student devices are being purchased (Lenovo 100e and Lenovo 500e Gen 3’s)
- Making carts of Innovation iPads available for each school upon request
- Rebranding the 1:1 student device program from UTA to Tech4All
- Retiring the full version of Kami to save $13,000 for the district
- Input on district use of Chat GPT and other AI
- Professional Development summer opportunities which influenced the Empowered Learning Institute opportunity
- Professional Development for all staff which resulted in the Digital Learning Cohort
- Request to add Self-Help Articles for staff to solve problems on their own which results in new Knowledge Base Articles embedded in the TSD Help Desk
Who can be on T.A.L.C.?
Any interested teacher, principal, classified, or HS student who has a passion or is interested in the use of technology within the district. Just fill out this quick form to let us know that you are interested in becoming part of this awesome group of influencers.
What is the commitment involved?
We plan on meeting in person once a quarter during the school year. Most meetings will meet at the SSC building. Online options will be available for those who are unable to attend in person. Meetings will be 90 minutes and are designed to be both informative and collaborative. We try hard to accommodate everyone’s schedule, but there will be a mix of times that are during and after the school day.
- October 17th, 4:00-5:30 pm (In person-SSC)
- November 30th, 3:30-5:00 pm (Remote)
- January 11th, 4:00-5:30 pm (In person-SSC)
- April 18th, 3:30-5:00 pm (Remote)
ReImage, ReVamp, ReVisit
Starting in the 2023-24 school year, we are working on redesigning the overall look of the T.A.L.C. team. While the name will stay the same, ITS is very interested in accentuating the Advisory part of the acronym. Throughout the department many changes have been to make ITS’s work more transparent and collaborative. Technology cannot be an afterthought or “in addition to” what is being taught in the classroom. It needs to be deeply embedded in the daily work at all levels. And who better to help make technology related decisions than those who are deep in the mix of it all.
Moving forward, big decisions that will impact staff and students at a district level will include input from the T.A.L.C team. Meetings will focus less on passing on information and be more focused on gathering opinions, options, and ideas that can help to continue to make Thompson School District a leader in the use of integrated technology in Northern Colorado.