Executive Director - Secondary Education
The Department of Secondary Education will support overall district efforts to empower, challenge and inspire students, faculty, staff, parents, school leaders and community members to learn, achieve and excel.
Empower To Learn, Challenge to Achieve, Inspire to Excel
- Empowering & Developing Leadership
- Open and Honest Communication
- Integrity and Accountability
- Clarity of Purpose
- Respectful Relationships
- Collaborative Teamwork
- Fun and Celebration
The Department of Secondary Education provides oversight and leadership for each of the district’s 5 middle schools and 5 high schools and 1 K-8. Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Secondary Education, schools engage in a continuous improvement process to achieve the vision and mission of the district.
- Strengthen EC-12 alignment through RISE: Resilient Individual, Innovative Thinker, Self-Directed Learner, Engaged Citizen in support of social emotional learning and personalized learning
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and aligned secondary education system that provides an effective, inclusive and equitable educational experience for all children.
- Provide leadership for the continuous improvement of the principal’s effectiveness.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and coordination of the districts 6-12th curricular, instructional and assessment strategies in collaboration with other district directors.
Major Areas of Oversight and Responsibility:
- Principal evaluations
- Principal professional development
- Contact for parents and community regarding building level concerns
- School Effectiveness Plans
- Support for the accreditation of schools
- Student transfers and appeals
Programs and Education Options:
- International Baccalaureate
- Loveland Integrated School of Arts
- Title I
- Summer School