High Plains School
What to Expect in a STEAM Program
Kindergarten through Grade 8
- Each grade level completes a minimum of two Problem Based Learning experiences each year.
- Students are encouraged to develop relationships with local, state and national organizations and businesses.
- Students are encouraged to explore the arts to improve the quality of their life and use as a vehicle for communication and problem solving.
- Technology is a tool, not a means to an end.
Kindergarten through Grade 5
- All students participate in five specials that include art, music, PE, innovation, and library.
- In addition to multiple movement and brain breaks throughout their day, all K-5 students enjoy a minimum of two recesses each day.
- K-5 students may participate in multiple before and after-school activities.
Grades 6 through 8
- Students are offered a wide variety of electives.
- Give Next is a dynamic opportunity for students to develop their entrepreneurial and philanthropic skills.
- Middle school students may participate in district middle school sports.
At High Plains, we believe in the development of the whole child, focusing on academics, social-emotional learning and developing children to become citizens of the world. The goals of our program are to:
- Provide a rich, immersive and integrated academic environment
- Develop students’ abilities to become compassionate, productive citizens of their world
- Encourage philanthropy and entrepreneurship